This weekend, I was able to complete a couple more days of work on the office. After doing a lot of research on why my stencil was not looking good, I found that the textured walls in our home require you to use painter' caulk to get a clean line on any kind of decorative painting... This just did not seem feasible with a stencil. I suppose it could have been done, but I unfortunately do not have endless amounts of time to just be placing, caulking and carefully painting a stencil like that. It would have taken me probably a whole day just to do one row.
So instead, the hubs suggested that I do some striping instead. I liked the idea, as it at least allowed me to use my secondary paint color that I really liked. Here is the end result:
And last but not least, the shelves are finally all blue. I re-assembled them, but the damn finish of the original furniture was difficult to cover properly. (I later learned that I needed a special primer to start with). So I ended up with a lot of scratches and chipped paint... I spent a portion of the afternoon doing touch-up on these areas, and once everything is dry, I'll do a satin clear protective coat on top. After reading up on the proper way to do this, I'm hoping that will be a good solution for me.